4:00 p.m. CST November 22, 2017
Anticipated start date:
Negotiable but no later than January 8th, 2018
Fergus Falls, MN
SEND RESUME TO:
West Otter Tail SWCD
Brad Mergens, District Manager
506 Western Ave N
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
$18.00-$21.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: PERA (Retirement), Health Insurance Allowance, Annual Leave, Sick Leave, and Holidays
This full-time position provides a variety of technical assistance to cooperators, government agencies, and other organizations under policies established by the West Otter Tail Soil & Water Conservation District and is under supervision of the District Manager.
- A minimum two year degree in Natural Resources, Biology, Environmental Science, Agriculture or closely related field; or
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Must have experience with computers and be able to use GPS equipment and ARCGIS software along with the following Windows programs: Outlook, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Must possess and maintain a valid MN Driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and capable of working with a wide variety of people.
- Must be physically able and willing to work in varied terrain and weather conditions, and capable of lifting 70 lbs.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment such as tractor, mower, no-till drills, atv’s, vehicles, etc
- Applicants should be able to learn quickly, follow instructions, handle multiple projects, and adapt to changing job duties and/or responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with district staff and other government agencies and organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary Ag Inspector for the county
- Operate and maintain district equipment (tractor, vehicles, mower, no-till drills, tree planter, etc).
- Coordinate tree program, custom seeding, and mowing
- Assist with survey, design & layout of conservation practices according to NRCS Field Office
Technical Guide (FOTG)
- Assist with grant applications, annual reporting and long range plan development
- Conduct site investigations on private lands and make technical and financial recommendations for best management practices (BMPs) through various local, state and federal conservation programs
- Use ArcGIS software to prepare plans and designs for conservation practices
- Participate and assist with various education and outreach activities
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of conservation practices
- Accept other duties as assigned by the District Manager and Board of Supervisors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel in this position.
Please send a cover letter, resume, a copy of college transcripts and 3 references to WOT SWCD Attn: Brad Mergens 506 Western Ave N Fergus Falls, MN 56537 by November 17, 2017. Applications can be emailed but please call the office at 218-739-4694 ext.4 for current email as we are in the process of updating our network system.
Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by telephone. Additional information may be obtained by calling the District Manager at (218) 739-4694 ext.4.